I have been making an effort this year to keep track of what I have been reading. Anyone who knows me knows that I love books and can often be found hiding somewhere with my nose in a book. Increasingly that is a digital book on my phone, which makes it more difficult for me to have an idea of how much I’ve actually read. Last year I tried to keep a list in my BuJo, but I know there were loads of books I never listed. So I have been making an effort to use Goodreads this year, as I can do that on my phone.
I set my 2018 Reading Challenge as 48 books, and so far I have logged 49. So I have easily met my target. And I couldn’t tell you how many books I have on my phone waiting to read. The list of books I want to buy and read is probably twice as long too!
Looking back at what I’ve read here are what I consider to be the best books I’ve read in 2018 (these are affiliate links):
- The Tethered Mage – this is now one of my favourite books. I loved the concept and is was so skillfully written. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Primordial threat – Hard sci-fi at its best. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Book of a Thousand Days – This was lyrical and drew you in to the story. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Off leash – the second chapter of this where he turns into a cat is a scene that has really stuck in my head. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Undivided – heart-breaking memoir. Vicky is an inspiration. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
It’s no wonder that I struggle to stay in one genre in my writing, when I read so many things! Have you read these? Did you agree? What were your favourite books of 2018?
See my Goodreads profile for what else I’ve read – or what I’ve read and remembered to list! Feel free to befriend me on Goodreads if you also use it. I think I shall have to up my reading challenge for 2019! And get better at listing what I have read…
Here’s to making a dent in my to-read list in 2019!
This page contains affiliate links – using them won’t cost you anything but I will get a small bonus for referring you.
ooo I love a best of list! I’ve added The Tethered Mage to my TBR pile, and I’ll friend you on GR.
2018 was the year I escaped into romancelandia, so most of my recs are romance, apart from #1:
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik (A very impressive loose retelling of Rumpelstiltskin)
Mating the Huntress by Talia Hibbert (Delightful and funny quick read)
Band Sinister by KJ Charles (Gay Heyer-esque regency romp with an adorable anxious hero and gothic novelist sister)
Act Like It by Lucy Parker (Set in the West End. Great banter)
Unmasked by the Marquess by Cat Sebastian (Includes some of my fave historical romance tropes but with a non-binary lead)
Hi Helen, thanks for these! Spinning Silver I’ve had my eye on as I’ve heard good things about it from other places. I shall move it up my to read list! And check out the others too.
Hope you enjoy the tethered mage too!