A mixed bag
A collection of ten short stories with a measure of the fantastic in each. Includes the following:
- The weaver’s daughter: A fairy tale about making friends with the monsters next door.
- What Jack found: When your son finds a fairy in the garden do you release him to potentially hostile forces, or risk your family to keep him safe?
- Awakening Iorwen: A sleeping beauty re-telling set against the consolidation of Roman rule in Wales.
- A lakeside meeting: Bernard is on the run from the hybrid butterflies he developed to interface with your brain.
- In the box: Two students find a mysterious growing box in their office.
- We need to talk: How can Damian absolve his guilt over the accident that crippled his sister?
- Spook school: There’s something different about the school next door, but it’s not what Josephine expects.
- The husband test: An unexpected package ruins everything.
- The Halloween dare: Nothing is as it seems when exploring the house at the top of the hill.
- Bargaining with a demon: An unexpected visitor gives Charlie an opportunity of a lifetime, but does she dare to take advantage of it?
Find A Mixed bag at:
Short stories published elsewhere:
- Ghostly Tours – Oct 2020 on the Alone in a Room with Invisible People podcast.
- The Halloween Dare – Oct 2019 on the Alone in a Room with Invisible People podcast.
- Spook School – Oct 2018 on the Alone in a Room with Invisible People podcast.
- We need to talk – Aug 2018 on Short Fiction Break & Sept 2018 in the Coalition of Texans with Disabilities Pen2Paper writing competition.
- A recording of a drabble I wrote in a competition on the 10 minute novelists website has been featured in the No extra words podcast – May 2017