I have been making an effort this year to keep track of what I have been reading. Anyone who knows me knows that I love books and can often be found hiding somewhere with my nose in a book. Increasingly that is a digital book on my phone, which makes it more difficult for me to have an idea of how much I’ve actually read. Last year I tried to keep a list in my BuJo, but I know there were loads of books I never listed. So I have been making an effort to use Goodreads this year, as I can do that on my phone.
I set my 2018 Reading Challenge as 48 books, and so far I have logged 49. So I have easily met my target. And I couldn’t tell you how many books I have on my phone waiting to read. The list of books I want to buy and read is probably twice as long too!
Looking back at what I’ve read here are what I consider to be the best books I’ve read in 2018 (these are affiliate links):
- The Tethered Mage – this is now one of my favourite books. I loved the concept and is was so skillfully written. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Primordial threat – Hard sci-fi at its best. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Book of a Thousand Days – This was lyrical and drew you in to the story. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Off leash – the second chapter of this where he turns into a cat is a scene that has really stuck in my head. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
- Undivided – heart-breaking memoir. Vicky is an inspiration. Available from Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; Bol.com
It’s no wonder that I struggle to stay in one genre in my writing, when I read so many things! Have you read these? Did you agree? What were your favourite books of 2018?
See my Goodreads profile for what else I’ve read – or what I’ve read and remembered to list! Feel free to befriend me on Goodreads if you also use it. I think I shall have to up my reading challenge for 2019! And get better at listing what I have read…
Here’s to making a dent in my to-read list in 2019!
This page contains affiliate links – using them won’t cost you anything but I will get a small bonus for referring you.