Today I had two days of email backlog to work my way through to start with and then I did the following:
- had a 1:1 with a member of my team where we confirmed her objectives for the rest of the year;
- wrote a reference for another member of my team who is applying for a place on a part-time MSc;
- completed my application for a training programme;
- amended the paper my colleague and I have written on the use of ‘guides at the side’ to meet the reviewers comments;
- logged what I’ve spent my time on this week in our time-recording system;
- had various discussions round subscriptions for the next financial year (which starts tomorrow);
- was told what my responsibilities will be when I am rotaed to be the Duty Manager;
- discussed what performance indicators were useful for reporting on our work.
All in all this week I have done quite alot of admin. Only really having three days of work has meant it hasn’t been a normal week, although I would find it difficult to describe what a normal week is!